Road Closure

Road Closure

Construction has begun on the Michie Stadium Preservation Project. Mills Road is now closed to all vehicular and foot traffic between Stony Lonesome Road and Herbert Hall. Learn more.


General Travel Questions

How important is the presence of a Travel Director on a group travel program?

  • They enhance your appreciation of the countries you are visiting, add a dimension of personality and knowledge that you would not encounter on your own and provide a constant source of information and comfort so that you can fully enjoy your journey without worry or care.
  • A Travel Director can assist when unexpected problems arise, from a misplaced passport, to lost luggage, to a sudden illness.
  • The Travel Director, being a professional, knows the “ropes” and often the language in the country visited. He or she can, therefore, intervene with hotel or airport personnel, find medical assistance and, best of all, solve unforeseen problems before they arise.

State Department Passport Information

A valid U.S.passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue or verify United States passports.

The Passport Services Office provides information and services to American citizens about how to obtain, replace or change a passport.

New Application for a U.S. Passport

To obtain a passport for the first time, you need to go in person to one of over 9,000 passport acceptance facilities located throughout the United States with two photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship, and a valid form of photo identification such as a driver’s license.

Acceptance facilities include many Federal, state and probate courts, post offices, some public libraries and a number of county and municipal offices. There are also 13 regional passport agencies, and 1 Gateway City Agency, which serve customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel. Appointments are required in such cases.

For more information on getting a new passport, please visit How to get a passport page.

Renewal of a U.S. Passport

You can renew by mail if: your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged, you received the passport within the past 15 years, you were over age 16 when it was issued, and you still have the same name, or can legally document your name change.

Travel Program Map

The map below shows the locations for trips currently available to West Point alumni. Click on the individual plot points embedded on the map to learn more about that specific trip. Clicking the toggle icon located to the left of the Travel Program title will display a list of all trips, sorted by year. The trips plotted in RED represent those being offered in the current year and the trips plotted in BLUE represent those being offered next year.

Please be aware that travel at this time is still uncertain. As a result, it is recommended that you consider purchasing travel insurance and following up with the tour operator of your trip regarding its cancellation policies. WPAOG does not offer travel insurance, and it is strictly a recommendation.

Contact our partner Tour Operators:

AHI Travel 800.323.7373
Gohagan Travel 800.922.3088
National WWII Museum 877.813.3329 ext 325
Premier World Discovery 877.953.8687

Free Virtual Tours

Click on the virtual tours linked below to explore the globe from the comfort of your own home.